Friday, June 5, 2015

Greetings


Why Hello World!
A pleasant evening tonight is, or should I say was. It appears that as I am writing this it is actually early morning. Let me start by saying, Welcome! Welcome to my blog and welcome to the fellowship I hope to have with you as I continue this journey as a young Christian writer. Welcome to an escape from the craziness of life. Now that I have welcomed you, let me tell you a bit about me and this blog. My name is Rebekah Raielle Henderson. I am 17 years old, brought into this world on September 16th. My siblings include three older brother, yes that means I am the baby and only girl. They never let me forget that! Soon to be sister-in-law eases the load of their nonsense.
Enough about me, let's talk about the blog. Why a blog? Three simple words can answer that question. I can write. or we could add in a fourth word. I love to write. Both are correct. You see, before starting this blog I had written a book and came close to sending it off to a publisher. The reason or rather reasons don't really need to be clarified, so I will leave it at this, it wasn't part of my story. The story God is carefully writing for me did not include me having a published book at this point in time. I said okay, let it go, and walked away. Do I regret it? Not a bit. I am a teenage girl trying to get through high school and life! Back to why I made this blog. Seeing as my dream to publish a book has not worked out so far, and to have words on a page hidden underneath my bed for no one to see seems pointless. having a blog means I can write. I can write all I want and not have to worry about chapters or page count. I can write until my heart is content, because sometimes I get these sudden sensations to write. It could be two A.M. and some random and sometimes life changing idea pops into my head and I can't help but write! Which leads me to my next reason of why I have a blog. I love to write, Any topic, subject, or question. I can write you pages on it. If the assignment is a 4 page paper, I usually hand in at least 8. That is just how I am. I can express my personality through my writing.
You know a little bit about me, and why I started a blog, what you don't know is how I came up with the title. "Little mess. Greatly Blessed!" Life. That's the only explanation I have. Because life is so crazy and sometimes overwhelming. Life can get you down and push you to your breaking point. But life can also be beautiful! It can be so amazing and wonderful. So in the little messes of life don't forget the many blessings God has granted you! Life may throw a curve ball at you, but when your catcher is God, there is nothing to fear. After every storm comes a rainbow. Just because there are clouds in the sky, doesn't mean a beautiful butterfly turns grey. There is always a blessing to find in the mess of life. Whether it be as big as a new house, or as small as a newly bloomed flower. Enjoy the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment