Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What is Your Heart Beating For?

Put your hand on your heart. Do you feel that? That *thump, thump, thump*. Do you feel the rhythm that is beating? *thump. thump, thump* Can you hear what it's saying? *thump, thump, thump* You're are more than just a body. You are so much more than just some human thrown on this earth to wander. That thump you feel- that's the sound of something unimaginable. Your heart is a beautiful vessel waiting to be filled. Filled with the love of God and the fire of the Holy Spirit. Has your heart ever stopped beating? Mine has. Not literally, but spiritually. My heart has been weak and wounded. It's been torn out, ripped to shreds, and left with no hope. My heart wasn't beating for the one who made it. It refused to open it's doors and let grace win. When my heart lives it has been so overwhelmed with joy and happiness that there is not way to contain it's excitement. My heart has been places. It's seen the lost and hopeless eyes of people with nothing. It's seen the the pleas of a parent trying to provide for a family. It's seen and child scarred from head to toe in marks from abuse. My heart has seen the fears of lost souls and the emptiness of a pleasure seeking world. My heart has been places. This vessel that was once so pure and shameless, has been dirtied and scarred, but it still beats for one name only- Jesus. There are times my heart flies and all I can do is praise Jesus and bless His holy name, but there are those times where my heart dies and I'm left with anger, bitterness, and hopelessness. When the last thing I want to do is lay down my stubborn pride and pray to the one that I blame. Yet the only words I can mumble out are, "Father why?! Help me please! Save me!" Even when I have nothing my heart can say, "I have all I need, because I have Jesus." My heart has a beat and a rhythm just like you and every other person on this earth, but what does it beat for?  Can you feel your heart beat? Can you hear what it's telling you? You see the difference between my heart beat and yours is everything. God created mine to beat with a certain beat and a certain passion just like he designed yours. For me, it is clear that this earth is not my home and that every person is so incredibly valuable. We are all God's masterpieces- we are all priceless. My heart beats to be the servant God has created me to be. Mark 10:45 states, "For even the son of man came not to be served, but to serve and give His life ransom for many." Jesus was here to serve. He has made it clear to me that I am His servant and not just His, but a servant to each soul I meet. God's been working on my heart a lot lately, in fact He has some pretty amazing things planned that I am starting to see glimpses of. Not only am I God's servant, but he has created me and even some of you to be His Disciple. "You are the light of the world. a city on a hill can not be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works and glorify God who is in heaven."  Matthew 5:14-16 Where ever I go what ever I do, I want people to look at me and not see me, but see Jesus. I'm not here to do my will, but His will.
He has given me a heart that beats for missions work and a passion and love for those who I encounter. My journey is just beginning. Even when something seems impossible, God shows up and gives me a little help and then wonderful things start to happen when I follow His calling.
"For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps." 1 Peter 2:21
I don't know where my life is headed, but I do know that God is always in control. Even when my dreams seem impossible, He shows me that they aren't and that there is a reason for each of my dreams and passions. He created me for a purpose. He created you for a purpose. He created that little boy down the street from you that doesn't know when he'll eat again for a purpose. That little girl with scars, has a purpose too. You are so incredibly loved and so deserving of love. Even when the world is against you- God is for you and He loves more than any love song or movie could portray. You are special. You are wanted. You have a purpose. You are a child of God. He is molding you and your heart. What is you heart beating for? Fame? Success? Money? Are you more concerned with how many followers and 'likes' you have than forever? Is that outside more important than the inside? All of these will fade, but God will never leave and His plan is never wrong. Where's your focus at? Is it on God? What is God telling you? What is your heart beating for? *thump, thump, thump* You have a heart beat, but is it in the right spot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment